Students are the heart and soul of SOAS and we want to amplify your voices through our many digital platforms.
To that end, SOAS is looking to recruit a student to create and post content on the popular social media platforms WeChat and Weibo.
If you are proficient in both reading and writing Chinese, and you have a passion and talent for blogging, photography and/or video content production – we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be creating and publishing content in Chinese, so please only apply if you feel you have the appropriate level of proficiency. The candidate will also be required to answer direct queries from prospective students.
Why become a SOAS Digital Ambassador?
As a SOAS Digital Ambassador, you will get to take an active role in defining and communicating the SOAS voice to the outside world.
You will also receive the following benefits:
- Occasional concert/gig/events tickets – where relevant to the role.
- A range of transferable skills including communication, organisation and time management skills, confidence and the ability to multitask.
- A range of opportunities to meet with like-minded people and develop social and professional networking skills.
- Access to high-profile events both at SOAS and across London/rest of the UK.
- You will gain valuable work experience that will help make your CV stand out.
- References for future employment.
Successful applicants will be contracted for approximately 10 hours per month. Working hours are flexible. Pay is £10.20 per hour.
How to apply
Show off your skills – we want you to produce a 1-2 minute vlog/story (in Chinese) on a topic of your choosing; or write a short commentary piece (in Chinese) to be published on the SOAS Blog*.
- Be creative, it can be about a typical day at SOAS, coverage of an event, vox pops with fellow students on something happening in the media…anything, just be passionate and engaging.
- Send it to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 7 December to be eligible for the pilot scheme.
*Your submission may be used on SOAS’s social media platforms. You will be notified before this takes place.