With a department that was ranked 6th in the 2016 Guardian University League Table, coupled with a unique regional focus on the economies, businesses and organisations in Asia, Africa and the Middle East – SOAS offers its students a first rate academic experience that explores the major issues in finance and management from an international perspective.
Join us and find an unrivalled expertise and specialists working with the world’s leading law firms, environmental NGOs and directly with Governments across the world.
Our research in action
Our faculty members have a strong commitment to academic research and publication. Our research interests, publications, and expertise are wide-ranging and lie within five main areas:
- Corporate governance: finance, law, and regulation (in developed and developing countries)
- Corporate finance: determinants of firms’ capital structure
- Finance and economic growth
- Financial regulation, central banking and bank supervision
- Management in China; Management in Japan; and Management in the Middle East and North Africa
Recently we examined whether migration reduced household vulnerability to poverty for a panel of households from the Kagera region over the period 2004-2010.