Services to Academics
What the Careers Service Offers Your Students
- We offer one-to-one short appointments such as 15 minute Quick Query sessions
- We offer long appointments such as one hour long practice interviews and career discussions.
- We also have a dedicated Research Careers Consultant available on Thursdays.
Employer Events, Workshops and CV Surgeries
- We offer regular workshops on CVs, Applications and Interview Techniques are arranged throughout the year.
- We organise a full events programme of presentations and forums by speakers from a broad spectrum of employment.
- We also organise the Early Career Researchers Training Programme.
- We offer new online practice aptitude tests for students.
- We also arrange sessions using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, a personality questionnaire.
- We have extensive information on a wide range of occupations and further study and have good contacts with potential employers of SOAS graduates.
Career Development Seminars in Departments
- Careers consultants are pleased to come to your department to give brief introductory sessions early in the academic year to raise awareness with your students about career development opportunities for them.
- We can also deliver talks in departments on such topics as CV preparation, application forms, interview techniques, assessment centres, giving presentations and creative job-hunting.
First Destination Information about Previous Students
- We can offer detailed reports on destinations of graduates are provided to individual departments and graduate careers case studies.
Information for Talks to Potential Students
- We can provide useful information about careers related to your subject for talks to students and teachers in schools or at promotional events.
Please let us know if there is any area of need that we are not addressing within your department or at the Careers Service.
We will do all we can to help.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7898 4115.