Services to Academics
What the Careers Service can offer to your students
- We offer one-to-one short appointments such as 15 minute guidance and application advice sessions.
- We offer long appointments such as 45mins practice interviews and career discussions.
Employer events and workshops
- We offer regular workshops on CVs, applications and interview techniques throughout the year.
- We organise a full events programme of presentations, skills sessions, and forums by speakers from a broad spectrum of employment.
- We also organise events for Doctoral Researchers and Early Career Researchers.
Psychometric testing and assessment centres
- We offer online practice aptitude tests for students.
- We have extensive information on a wide range of sectors and occupations and further study on MySOAS Student, and have good contacts with potential employers of SOAS graduates.
Career development seminars in departments
- Careers Consultants are pleased to come to your department to give brief introductory sessions early in the academic year to raise awareness with your students about career development opportunities for them.
- We can also deliver talks in departments on such topics as CV preparation, application forms, interview techniques, assessment centres, giving presentations and creative job-hunting.
Destination information about previous students
- We can offer detailed reports on destinations of graduates to individual departments and information on graduate careers case studies.
Information for talks to potential students
- We can provide useful information about careers related to your subject for talks to students and teachers in schools or at promotional events.
Please let us know if there is any area of need that we are not addressing within your department or at the Careers Service - contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7898 4115.