The Careers Information Room contains a wide ranging collection of career related information. We also have an Information Officer who is a specialist in the information contained within the library, and who spends time researching relevant literature and produces useful material for students.
The Information Room contains a range of resources that are organised according to the following themes:
- Exploring your options - resources to help you think about what you might like to do and what you might want from your career, career directories and information on what SOAS graduates have gone on to do.
- Employment issues - information and advice about equal opportunities, including disability, race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation and class.
- Job roles and employers - information and reference material on graduate occupations and SOAS-specific sectors.
- Postgraduate study and funding - information on postgraduate courses and funding my further study in the UK and internationally.
- Working outside the UK - information and books on working internationally.
- Job hunting and recruitment process - advice about the job hunting process, including how to write CVs and applications, and prepare for interviews and psychometric tests.
To view the collection of our library reference books, please browse our online catalogue.
We have now developed a section on the Moodle dedicated to enhancing employability for current students. This section includes information on job hunting, postgraduate study, postgraduate funding, sectors, employers, working outside the UK, options with your degree and specialist pages for students with disabilities and mature students.
Other leaflets available online
The Careers Group develop leaflets which available on the Moodle and on Careers Tagged (SOAS login required) and free to take away from the Careers Service. Titles include: How to Write Your CV, Interviews, Assessment Centres, 10 Ways to Find a Job, and Advice for Career Changers.