- Frances Grahl (CCLPS, SOAS) and Eli Davies (University of Ulster) - Blurring boundaries: new formulations of the home
The papers for this session will explore the ways in which traditional boundaries of public and private have been unsettled in Irish and migrant novels and discuss the ways in which the home becomes a site of political struggle, solidarity, hope and radical potential.
- Westernised Universities and the Four Genocides/Epistemicides of the Long 20th Century
The Centre for Cultural, Literary, and Postcolonial Studies and the Decolonising Our Minds Society invite you to a talk by Prof. Ramón Grosfoguel
- Multiple impressions: the coexistence of scribal practices and printing technologies in texts
An interdisciplinary symposium and workshop for graduate students and early-career researchers: jointly-organised by the Centre for Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, the Department of Typography & Graphic Communication, University of Reading, the British Library
- Trading Places? Empathy in Material Culture and Critical Methodologies
CCLPS Postgraduate Conference 2018
- Chase Arabic Poetry and Story Translation Workshops
Workshop: 2.30-5.30pm Keynes Library, Birkbeck, 43 Gordon Square
Public Lecture: 7pm SOAS Univeristy of London, Room 116 (Main Building)
- A Partisan Press: Sylvia Pankhurst, British Anti-colonialism and the Crisis of Empire
Book launch of Italian Colonialism and Resistances to Empire, 1930-1970 (Palgrave, 2018)
- CHASE Arabic Poetry and Story Translation Workshop: "Refugee Writings, Creative Encounters, with Yousif M. Qasmiyeh and Selma Dabbagh"
WORKSHOP 2.30-5.30pm, Keynes Library, Birkbeck, University of London, 43 Gordon Square
PUBLIC EVENT 7-8.30pm, Room 116, SOAS Main Building
- Book Launch: 'Postcolonial Poetics: 21st-Century Critical Readings'
Elleke Boehmer in conversation with Wen-chin Ouyang and Amina Yaqin