Qualifications and entry requirements
CeDEP offers a variety of different postgraduate qualifications and entry points to suit particular study needs and educational backgrounds. The main differences are the entry requirements and the volume of study involved.
Master of Science (MSc)
Direct entry to the MSc requires a good first degree in an appropriate subject area, as accepted by the University of London. You will be expected to complete four modules (30-credits each) plus a dissertation (60-credits).
Entry to the Postgraduate Diploma requires either a degree or technical or professional qualification and experience considered appropriate by the University. You will be expected to complete four modules (30-credits each), with no dissertation component.
This has similar entry requirements to those for the Postgraduate Diploma.
You will be expected to complete two modules (30-credits each), with no dissertation.
Individual Professional Award (IPA)
Entry is at the discretion of CeDEP, with each application assessed on merit. This may offer some experienced and able candidates without a first degree a route into postgraduate training.
You will be expected to complete at least one module. See the IPA page for more information.
English Language Competency
For all of our modules you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
How long will it take?
The minimum period of registration for the MSc and Postgraduate Diploma is two years, and students are expected to complete within five years. The Postgraduate Certificate may be completed in a minimum of one year. IPA students have a one year registration period.
Progression through qualifications
Students may progress through the various qualifications offered.
Those who begin on either the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma can upgrade to the MSc if they are successful with their studies and examinations. Progression can similarly be made from the Postgraduate Certificate onto the Postgraduate Diploma.
Students who successfully complete one or more 30-credit modules under the Individual Professional Awards scheme may be eligible to transfer to the Postgraduate Certificate or, in some instances, to the appropriate Diploma or MSc. Students who have completed two or more modules under the old 15-credit structure, will need to be assessed on a case by case basis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.