Inclusive Green Finance
Laura Ramos (Alliance for Financial Inclusion), Shamshad Akhtar (Karandaaz Pakistan), Ulrich Volz (SOAS University of London)
Date: 30 June 2021Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 30 June 2021Time: 11:15 AM
Venue: Virtual Event
Type of Event: Virtual Event
How can financial services in general and digital finance in particular allow vulnerable groups to better address climate risks, enhance their resilience to climate-related economic shocks, and use financial tools to reduce environmental degradation and mitigate climate change?
This London Climate Action Week event will discuss the role that inclusive green finance can play in boosting resilience of those at the bottom of the economic pyramid and reduce their vulnerability to global environmental change, and how it can contribute to advancing a just transition. It will also consider policies that central banks and regulators can adopt to enhance inclusive green finance.
Presentation: Inclusive Green Finance: From Concept to Practice
• Laura Ramos, Policy Manager, Inclusive Green Finance, Alliance for Financial Inclusion
• Ulrich Volz, Director of the Centre for Sustainable Finance and Reader in Economics, SOAS, University of London & Senior Research Fellow, German Development Institute
• Shamshad Akhtar, Chair of the Board of Directors of Karandaaz Pakistan & Former Governor of State Bank of Pakistan
• Veronica Bayangos (tbc), Director of the Supervisory Policy and Research Department at Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
• Patience Yeboah-Nkansah (tbc), Assistant Director, Other Financial Institutions Supervision Department, Bank of Ghana
• Najwa Mouhaouri (tbc), Lead of the Green Finance Unit at Bank Al-Maghrib
This event is open to the public but registration is required.
This London Climate Action Week event is jointly organised by the Centre for Sustainable Finance at SOAS University of London and the Alliance for Financial Inclusion.
Organiser: Centre for Sustainable Finance
Contact email: email@example.com