Events calendar: Centres and Programmes Office
The Centres & Programmes Office provides School-wide event management support on all aspects of event delivery.
See below for the calendar of events organised by the SOAS Centres & Programmes Office.
For further information about any of the events please contact the Centres & Programmes Office.
Assessment of our Events
We are very interested in your assessment of our events. If you would like to provide some feedback please visit the event assessment form. Your feedback will be used in planning for future events.
- Gender, Equality and Employment in Japan: Reflections on three decades of equality
Helen Macnaughtan (SOAS, University of London), Peter Matanle (University of Sheffield). Machiko Osawa (Japan Women's University), Jun Imai (Hokkaido University)
- The Bactrian Archives as a Source for the History and Historical Geography of Afghanistan
Prof Nicholas Sims-Williams (SOAS, University of London)
- Seminar- "Partition, Calcutta and the Crisis of Masculinity"
Dr Sutanuka Ghosh
- Conflicting and Complementary Demands after a Disaster: The Different Faces of Remembering the JL123 Crash
Dr Christopher Hood (Cardiff University)
Dr. Diana Yuksel
- Gender, Sexuality and Power in Chinese Companies: Beauties at Work
Dr Jieyu Liu (SOAS University of London)
- The Rise and Fall of Modern Japanese Literature: The Fall
John Whittier Treat (Yale University)
- Yi Sang's Queer Time in Colonial Korea
Prof. John Treat
- Faces of the Infinite: Neoplatonism and Poetics at the Confluence of Africa, Asia and Europe
This is the third day of a three-day conference convened by the British Academy and SOAS. The Conference investigates the legacy of Neoplatonism in the poetry produced by the monotheist cultures of the greater Mediterranean. Papers will cover writings in Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Persian, Spanish and Turkish, from antiquity to the modern period.
- Dynamics and Change in Korean Buddhist Rituals
Dr. Marek Zemanek
- From Patients to Pros: The Paralympics and the Evolving Image of Disabled Athletes in Japan, 1964-2020
Dennis J. Frost (Kalamazoo College)
- The China Paradox
Dr Paul G. Clifford (President, Paul G. Clifford & Associates)
- Money Supply, Quantity Theory, and Feudalism in Sixth Century India
Dr Robert Bracey (British Museum)