The China Institute coordinates activities at SOAS, University of London that relate to the study of China. The events bring together academic staff and students with diverse interests and backgrounds.
Events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact Li-Sa Whittington at the Institute on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made.
- Book launch: Taiwan Cinema - International Reception and Social Change
Ming-Yeh Rawnsley (SOAS), Gary Rawnsley (Aberystwyth) and Valentina Vitali (University of East London)
- Gender, Sexuality and Power in Chinese Companies: Beauties at Work
Dr Jieyu Liu (SOAS University of London)
- 台語片Taiyu (Hoklo) film screening: 危險的青春Dangerous Youth (1969)
Chris Berry (King's College London)
- The Evolution of the Chinese Social Model
Prof. Michael Dunford (University of Sussex)
- Book launch: Transitions to Modernity in Taiwan The Spirit of 1895 and the Cession of Formosa to Japan
Niki Alsford (Central Lancashire)
- The China Paradox
Dr Paul G. Clifford (President, Paul G. Clifford & Associates)