City-to-City Cultural Exchange, Collaboration, and Performing Arts Development: London-Hong Kong-Taipei-Nanjing-Singapore-Shanghai
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 10 September 2017Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 10 September 2017Time: 5:00 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery Room: Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre (BGLT)
Type of Event: Forum
This event is part of the Hong Kong in Transition programme.
In this forum, artists, arts managers, producers, and legislators from Asia and Europe will examine recent cultural exchange initiatives, arts policies, and performance collaborations between Hong Kong, London, Nanjing, Shanghai, Taipei, and Singapore, assess current strategies, and discuss future proposals for city-to-city cultural exchange and performing arts development.
- Danny Yung, co-Artistic Director, Zuni Icosahedron, Hong Kong [organiser]
- Cedric Chan, Zuni Icosahedron, Hong Kong
- Kason Chi, Zuni Icosahedron, Hong Kong
- Ke Jun, Kunqu Artist and General Manager of the Jiangsu Performing Arts Group, Nanjing
- Leon Rubin, Director, East 15 Acting School, University of Essex
- Kok Heng Leun, Member of Parliament and Artistic Director of Drama Box, Singapore
- Jason Hsu, Legislator, Member of Parliament, and Head of TEDxTaipei, Taiwan
- Ma Fung-kwok, Member of the Legislative Council, Hong Kong
- Liu Xiaoyi, Theatre Director, Singapore
- Lee Li-heng, Arts Manager, Shanghai
- Li Xiaoju, Researcher, China Arts Academy, Beijing
- Kim Na-ye, Hong Hong Academy for Performing Arts
- Minli Han, National University of Singapore
- Tommy Chung Yin Kwan, SOAS University of London
Registration is required of all participants. ONLINE REGISTRATION
Registration fee includes attendance at the symposium and practitioners forum, tea/coffee breaks and light lunch.
One price for attending one or both days:
SOAS staff/ SOAS student*: £5
* SOAS staff and students must show a valid ID card on the day.
Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange, SOAS China Institute, SOAS Faculty of Language and Cultures, Sino-British Fellowship Trust, Jiangsu Arts Fund 2017 Annual Exchange and Promotion Project: “Tradition and Avant-garde” Kunqu Cultural Exchange 江苏艺术基金2017年度传播交流推广资助项 目 -- “最传统” 和 “最先锋” 昆曲文化交流 and the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London.
Organiser: SOAS China Insititute
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4823