The Belt & Road Initiative: International Responses
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 20 June 2019Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 21 June 2019Time: 5:00 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery
Type of Event: Conference
This international conference, organized by the SOAS China Institute in association with the Silk Road Economic Development Research Centerof Hong Kong, is designed to examine how this flagship foreign policy initiative of President Xi Jinping is affecting the key regions in the world along both the Silk Road Economic Belt and the Maritime Silk Road, and how countries thus affected are responding. It takes advantage of the extensive pool of expertise within SOAS for the regions concerned and will bring in leading international experts to brainstorm by taking a multi-disciplinary approach to examine and debate the many complex issues involved.
Each session will have two speakers and a chair who will comment briefly on the presentations and moderate discussion among delegates.
Hosted in collaboration with:
- SOAS South Asia Institute
- SOAS London Middle East Institute
- SOAS Centre of Contemporary Central Asia and the Caucasus
- SOAS Centre of African Studies
- SOAS Centre of South East Asian Studies
Programme: speakers, topics and times.
Book a place
A handful of places are available to the general public.
£250 Standard Online booking
- Registration fee includes attendance at the conference, refreshments and a light lunch.
- You are requested to register by the morning of 19 June 2019.
- Cancellations must be reported in writing to the Conference Manager. Cancellations must be received by 19 May 2019 in which case registration fees will be refunded, less a £20 processing fee. No refund will be given to cancellations received after 19 May 2019.
Organiser: SOAS China Institute
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4823