Yenching Academy Scholarship
The Yenching Academy of Peking University is a SOAS partner Institute that offers a great opportunity to SOAS students and recent SOAS graduates: a two-year interdisciplinary Master Program in China Studies at the top university in China. The first year of the program is fully funded, including round-trip airfare, tuition, housing, and living expenses. Students who maintain good academic standing and choose to remain in Beijing for the second year are also eligible for another year of full funding.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 12.00pm, Thursday 05 December 2019
SOAS students and alumni are required to apply through SOAS. To apply, fill out the application form, save it as a PDF and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
* Applicants will also need to get two letters of recommendation which should be sent to the SOAS China Institute.
** Applicants that are successfully nominated by the SOAS China Institute will be notified by email and will then be required to submit their applications through the Yenching Academy online portal by 12 noon Beijing Time, Friday 13 December 2019. **
Applicants should have:
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enrol
* An outstanding academic record
* Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China
* A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential
* English proficiency
For full application details and further information on the scholarship programme please visit: https:// yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn/
* Please note that only SOAS students or recent SOAS graduates are eligible to apply via the SOAS China Institute. Yenching Academy also welcomes candidates who already have another Master's degree, in addition to those holding just Bachelor's degrees.