A degree in Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia from SOAS provides essential skills such as competency in language skills and intercultural awareness and understanding. Graduates leave SOAS with linguistic and cultural expertise, along with a portfolio of widely transferable skills which employers seek in many professional and management careers in both business and public sectors. These include written and oral communication skills; attention to detail; analytical and problem solving skills; and the ability to research, amass and order information from a variety of sources.
Who do graduates work for?
SOAS Languages and Cultures of China and Inner Asia graduates have gone on to employment in a range of professional roles in both business and public sectors, such as national governments in many parts of the world, international organisations and development agencies, educational and cultural establishments, non-governmental organisations, and academia, various United Nations organisations, publishing and media organisations.
All undergraduate students are contacted 6 months after graduation to find out what they were doing - working, studying or something else, such as travelling.
- Bloomberg LP
- Nanjing Museum
- KUONI Global Travel Services
- Last Word Media
- The Crossroads Centre
- Rethinking Economics
- Corporate Intelligence Investigator
- On Set Translator (English-Mandarin)
- Digital Producer
- Junior Project Manager
- Research Analyst
- Legal Researcher and Writer
- Teacher - Mandarin
- Licensing Officer
- Policy Officer
Destinations of 2016 graduates (postgraduates)
All postgraduate students are contacted 6 months after graduation to find out what they were doing - working, studying or something else, such as travelling.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Perking University
- Pinewood Studios Group
- Shanghai Jungle
- The Bushey Academy
- Freelance Translator
- Policy Officer
- Project Manager
- Secondary School Teacher (Mandarin, French and Spanish)
What do Graduates do?
- LinkedIn Alumni
- Prospects: What do graduates do
- What London Graduates do
- What can I do with a Chinese Degree?
Job Profiles and Careers Information
- Occupational profiles for 600 career areas on Prospects
- Postgraduate study information and database on Prospects
- Country Profiles: China and Hong Kong and Taiwan
- For more information about careers, visit Careers Tagged