Global Nuclear Futures: Nuclear Order and Political Change
Date: 21 September 2017Time: 12:00 PM
Finishes: 22 September 2017Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery Room: B202 - Please note this is a room change from prev
Type of Event: Conference
The conference will investigate conceptual, empirical, and policy aspects of continuity and change in global or regional nuclear order. Panels will also reflect on methodological or theoretical debates in the field. Specific issues of interest include:
- Challenges and sources of disorder or reform, including geopolitical shifts (rising powers, non-state actors, and the Iran deal).
- The foundations of nuclear order, including the role of norms and power.
- Evolving tools of order, including regimes and institutions (e.g. the NPT, WMD free zones, the IAEA) as well as export controls, nuclear security, and safeguards.
- Trajectories of and histories of arms control, proliferation and disarmament.
- History and evolution of nuclear doctrines, deterrence, and conflict.
Register on: Eventbrite
See the link below for full program details:
Organiser: BISA Nuclear Order Working Group....Co-hosted by CISD SOAS
Contact email: email@example.com