- Combating Terrorism: Lessons from Iraq
H.E Dr Hussain Al-Shahristani
Annual CISD Lecture.
Event followed by a reception.
- Human Rights Futures
Helena Kennedy (Oxford), Joanne Mariner (Amnesty International), David Mepham (Human Rights Watch), Jack Snyder (Columbia University) and Leslie Vinjamuri (SOAS)
- Women in Diplomacy
Ms. Angela Kane
- The Evolution of India’s ‘Act East’ Policy
Dr. Frederic Grare
This talk is part of the South Asian and Global Affairs Seminar Series
- Postgraduate Open Evening
Our Postgraduate Open Evening gives you the opportunity to learn about our subjects and what’s it really like to study at SOAS. You will be able to have one-to-one discussions with academics, current students and staff from across student services.
- Human Rights, Sovereignty and Military Intervention - A Dialogue with J.S. Mill
Professor Michael Doyle (Columbia Law School)
- The Biggest Lie: How the CIA and the Advertising Industry Taught Americans to Start Worrying and Love the Cold War
Professor Ken Osgood
OPEN to All.
No need to register, based on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The Cinderella State: Pakistan - New Form and Relationships
Dr. Ayesha Siddiqa
- Evidence for Hope Making Human Rights Work in the 21st Century
Professor Kathryn Sikkink (Harvard University)
- International Law and the Use of Armed Drones
Professor Dapo Akande
- Crisis Negotiation - A Law Enforcement Perspective.
Mr. Abdul Hye
This talk is open to all.
There is no need to register, seats will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Sri Lanka after 2009
Dr Madura Rasaratnam
This event is part of the South Asia & Global Affair seminar series.
The talk will be RECORDED.
NO BOOKING required - If you do not have a SOAS ID Card please sign in at the Main reception.
OPEN to all.
- SME in East Asia and in the UK 2018-2022
Dr. J Simon Rofe (SOAS), Dr. Jaeho Kang (SOAS), Dr. Helen Macnaughtan (SOAS)
Opportunities for Interdisciplinary interpretations of Sport Diplomacy and Governance in Sporting Mega Events (SME) in East Asia and in the UK (2018-2022).
- Countdown to kickoff: Japan's rugby history one year out from the 2019 Rugby World Cup
Helen Macnaughtan (SOAS), J. Simon Rofe (SOAS), Phil McGowan (World Rugby Museum, Twickenham), Simon Chadwick (Salford University Manchester), Hilary Frank (Cornwall Council)
This event, exactly one year out from the start of the 2019 fixtures, will reflect on the history of rugby in Japan and the potential impact of hosting this sports mega-event.
- SCRAPPING WEAPONS: Supporting the New UN Plan
Dr Dan Plesch and Kevin Miletic
- The Unconstrained American Presidency: Does it Matter for the Rest of the World?
Professor James Goldgeier
- The Peacemakers: Leadership Lessons from 20th Century Statesmanship?
Professor Bruce Jentleson
- Women Founders of the UN
Dr Rebecca Adami & Fatima Sator
- The Salisbury Poisonings: A Look Behind the Headlines
Dr. Richard Guthrie