Seeking to understand global interactions and wishing to influence or shape them are lofty ambitions. Students who choose to attend CISD do so as it provides them with an opportunity to merge a strong theoretical understanding with equally rigorous practical skills that equip them to go out into the workforce with both knowledge and the ability to deliver. It is our intricate combination of SOAS expertise, cutting edge research and practical skills that has made CISD students attractive to employers.
CISD students have gone on to a variety of professions where they have been able to utilise the knowledge and skills they learned while studying at the Centre.
Examples of the careers our graduates have gone on to:
- Account managers (Schwartz Communications, AI Sensing Ltd, Betbrokers, Byblos Bank)
- Analysts for government departments (Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan Cabinet Secretariat, Thailand Foreign Ministry, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK Public Guardianship Office, UK Parliament, UK GCHQ, Uzbekistan Embassy to the UK)
- Bankers (Standard Chartered, Citibank)
- Campaigners and analysts for non-governmental organisations (International Crisis Group, Defenders of Wildlife Action Pond, Amnesty International, Enfants du Monde - Droits de L'Homme, IPPR)
- Campaign officers (Labour Party, MST, Oxfam, Commonwealth Foundation)
- Consultants and analysts (Accenture, CTG, SMT Consulting, Baird's Communications Management Consultants, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, JP Morgan Fleming)
- Journalists (BBC, BBC World Service, Demotix, Monday Morning, Wall Street Journal, Times Online, Your Money)
- Policy analysts and advisers (UK Ministry of Defence, UK Department for International Development, Japan Permanent Mission to the UN, United Nations OCHA, UN, Government of Kuwait, H.M. Queen Rania's Office, NATO Parliamentary Assembly , Centre for Social Cohesion, The Fraser Institute, Forest Trends, Learning and Skills Council, International Council on Security & Development, Deutsche Bank)
- Programme officers (Westminster Foundation for Democracy Programme, Verizon, Mefrica)
- Researchers (Stamp Out Poverty, Gardant Communications, International Peace Research Institute, Citigroup, International Alert, CATALYST, International Centre for Black Sea Studies, Centre for Social Cohesion, Lutheran World Federation)
- Research degrees (Further study including doctoral programmes)
CISD programmes provide sound intellectual and skills training, which are useful for analysing and designing solutions to many of today’s global problems. In keeping with our motto, our students think globally and seek to act globally.