International marketing 2: global markets
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2022/2023
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 3 of 3 or Year 4 of 4
- Taught in:
- Term 2
This module deals with international marketing as a competitive enterprise. It develops the notion of globalisation, and applies it to the practical problems of marketing in a world of continual change, where competition from local and other international firms is intense. This poses problems for product development and strategic planning.
On completion of this module, students will have developed an understanding of the problems that arise in entering and establishing a marketing presence in different countries – including China – which are in the throes of change.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of this module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of how international business responds to globalism;
- Understand global markets;
- Understand how strategic planning influences marketing;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various skills needed by the brand manager working in global markets;
- Explain and interpret global marketing phenomena;
- Demonstrate satisfactory understanding in order to embark upon a career in global marketing.
Method of assessment
This module is assessed by 30% written coursework and 70% by one two hour examination