Government and politics of South Asia
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2021/2022
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 2 or Year 3
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the course, students should be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with critical debates regarding the colonial and, especially, the postcolonial history, institutions, and political processes of South Asia.
- Knowledge of specific institutions, events, and actors involved in the politics, political economy, and political sociology of South Asia.
- A critical understanding of specific debates regarding patterns of political, economic, social, and cultural change in South Asia, as well as an ability to test the ideas that lie behind these debates with empirical data.
- Skills necessary for the oral and written communication of relevant concepts, ideas, and arguments.
- 1 hour lecture per week
- 1 hour tutorial per week
Method of assessment
Assessment is 40% coursework and 60% unseen examination.