- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Have a good conceptual understanding of the key concepts and practical applications of both international trade and international finance.
- Outline the development trade theory historically, differentiating standard classical and orthodox trade theories.
- Analyse the links between trade, international finance, economic growth and globalisation, with a particular emphasis on the experiences of developing countries.
- Critically comment on and participate in current debates on international economic policy.
Method of assessment
Assessment weighting: Exam 80% / Coursework 20%. Resubmission of coursework regulations do not apply to this course.
- Krugman, Paul R., Maurice Obstfeld and Marc Melitz (2011): International Economics: Theory and Policy, 9th edition, Pearson Education