Essay Writing Workshop - Undergraduate Economics
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 1
- Taught in:
- Term 1
This is a session on essay writing for Undergraduate students. It is meant to provide guidance for essay assignments, in the form of both readings, organising, strucutring and writing essay-based coursework, specifically for Economics modules. It is aimed to Undergraduate students as they come from different educational backgrounds and as means of providing them with a set of guidelines for essay writing. The delivery will be done through a one 2-hour session prior to reading week of term 1.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- Be familiar with reading and note-taking for essay assignments
- Understand marking criteria and standards
- Organise, strucutre and design essay assignments
A single two-hour lecture.
- Study Skills material on SOAS BLE page
- Citations, References and Bibliographies - Referencing Guide (pdf; 452kb)