Final Year Project in International Relations
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 3 of 3 or Year 4 of 4
- Taught in:
- Full Year
The Independent Study Project allows students in the BA International Relations to develop an independent research and writing project in which they work closely with a designated member of staff.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- Ability to apply knowledge in International Relations to independent project
- Ability to read independently and developed a focused research project
- Ability to apply theories and research methods to independent project
- Ability to undertake a research design
- Ability to work closely with a member of staff in developing an independent project
- Ability to concisely present one’s own research
- Ability to undertake a literature review
- Ability to engage in sustained critical analysis and writing on a focused topic in International Relations
- 1 hour lecture per week
Scope and syllabus
The Independent Study Project in International Relations module is designed to support students in writing their ISP. The course will focus on crafting a research question, critical argumentation and theses, research design, abstract and bibliographies, and literature reviews. Module will consist of weekly lectures.
Method of assessment
Assessment is 100% coursework.