- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 3 of 3 or Year 4 of 4
- Taught in:
- Full Year
BA Law students will need permission from the module convenor which will only be granted if the student has sufficient grounding in English law. Study Abroad/Exchange students may not take this module.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- To provide a sound foundation of knowledge of English commercial law; and
- To help the understanding of issues in the future developments of commercial law.
- Weekly 2 hour lecture
- 1 hour tutorial (please see syllabus for details of when tutorials are scheduled)
Method of assessment
- Unseen written exam: 100%
- Goode on Commercial Law, Chapter 1-The Nature and Sources of Law, pp 3-24 (Penguin Reference, 2010)
- Sealy and Hooley, Commercial Law, Text, Cases and Materials, Chapter 1-An Introduction to Commercial Law, pp 1-54 (OUP, 2009)
These chapters are from the two recommended books for the module. The chapters overlap but it is worth reading both.