Vietnamese Language 2
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of intermediate Vietnamese grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Vietnamese vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Vietnamese structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages in written Vietnamese of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages in written Vietnamese of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Vietnamese and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 20 weeks teaching with 4 hours language classes per week.
Scope and syllabus
Designed to develop further the oral and written skills already acquired during the introductory module.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%); one 20 minute oral examination (20%); in class tests throughout the module (10%).