- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 1
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
1. knowledge and understanding of basic Yoruba grammar
2. knowledge and understanding of essential Yoruba vocabulary
3. knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Yoruba structures and expressions in a given context
4. the ability to understand short passages in written Yoruba on everyday topics
5. the ability to produce short passages in written Yoruba on everyday topics
6. the ability to understand spoken Yoruba and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (60%); a 15 minute oral examination taken in May/June (30%); continuous assessment (10%).