- Module Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 1
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of basic Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand short passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to produce short passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 10 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (50%); one oral test (10%) 2 presentations (10%) and four listening tests (20%); continuous assessment consisting of regular assignments and quizzes (10%).
- Elementary Korean. King & Yeon. Tuttle Publishing Co. Continuing Korean. King & Yeon. Tuttle Publishing Co.