- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
1. knowledge and understanding of intermediate Yoruba grammar
2. knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Yoruba vocabulary
3. knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Yoruba structures and expressions in a given context
4. the ability to understand passages in written Yoruba of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
5. the ability to produce passages in written Yoruba of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
6. the ability to understand spoken Yoruba and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 3 hours classroom contact per week consisting of a 1 hour lecture, 1 hour tutorial and 1 hour language class.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (60%); one oral examination of 15 minutes duration taken in May/June (30%); continuous assessment (10%).