Burmese Language 2
- Module Code:
- Unit value:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
155900910: Burmese Language 1 or equivalent knowledge
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the course, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of intermediate Burmese grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Burmese vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Burmese structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages in written Burmese of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages in written Burmese of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Burmese and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
Designed to develop the language skills acquired in the first year, incorporating the study of a range of contemporary prose texts and recorded audio material. In addition students have regular practice in Burmese language conversation with a native speaker of Burmese.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination (70%) and oral examination (20%) taken in May/June; 4 assessed classroom or homework tasks (10%).