Vietnamese Language And Texts
- Module Code:
- 30 credits
- Year of study:
- Year 3
Vietnamese Language 2 or equivalent
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
This module is designed to strengthen students’ linguistic proficiency in Vietnamese (both oral and written) and to provide them with skills necessary to read and discuss modern literary texts.
At the end of the module students should be able
- to demonstrate oral and written competence in Vietnamese
- to read modern Vietnamese literary texts in original
- to interpret texts and to demonstrate their understanding of the historical, social and cultural context in which these texts were created
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 3 hours class contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
By building on the knowledge of Vietnamese language literature acquired in the 2nd year, the aim is to provide understanding of a number of Vietnamese texts students’ knowledge of Vietnamese literature, life and preparation for the study of literature at fourth year.
Method of assessment
- one three-hour written examination (80%)
- two 3,000 word essays (20%)
- The exact assessment deadline dates are published on the relevant module Moodle/BLE page