- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 4
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Successful completion of the year abroad programme.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
The module aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to read analyze and interpret modern Vietnamese texts against their cultural and historical context. After successfully completing the module the students should be able:
- to read modern Vietnamese literary texts in the original
- to demonstrate their knowledge of the history of modern Vietnamese literature
- to engage critically with the varied aspects of Vietnamese literature
- to read and discuss modern texts with awareness of their historical and cultural context
- to demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts of literary theory and ability to apply them in their analyses and interpretations of Vietnamese literature
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 2 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination (80%) taken in May/June and two 2,500 word essays (20%) submitted on