K403: Advanced Korean Conversation
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2020/2021
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 2, Year 3 of 3 or Year 4
- Taught in:
- Term 2
This advanced level module further develops and consolidates the communicative competence through completing practical tasks such as describing, narrating, discussing, giving presentations and debating. The main teaching topics covered will range from Korean language, culture, society, current affairs to global current issues.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- express themselves orally on various subjects in various language situations
- use a wide range of Korean vocabulary, structures and expressions more accurately and efficiently
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the use and effects of discourse features of Korean
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Korean culture and society
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 2 hours per week in language classes.
Scope and syllabus
Topics for discussion ranging from Korean language, culture, society, current events to global current issues will be assigned each week and coursework will include presentations and debates.
Method of assessment
Continuous assignments including presentations and contribution to discussions and coursework (30%); a 25 minute oral examination (70%).
Readings and other materials for this module will be sourced from a variety of sources including a papers, audio-visual and electronic sources on the topics specified under the syllabus. These will be provided to the students in class.