Professional placement in Economics
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Final Year
- Taught in:
- Term 2
The Professional Placement in Economics involves students being placed within an organisation to participate in a specific element of research or practice related to their degree. The aim is that students’ prior and ongoing academic studies will inform and enrich their experience of professional practice, and the exposure to professional practice will in turn enhance their ability to analyse issues relating to Economics, Development Economics and Political Economy. The placement will also provide invaluable experience as students embark on careers after graduating.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
Upon successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Research and prepare for working in a particular professional setting.
- Experience work in a professional setting.
- Prepare and deliver a professional presentation on the placement experience under timed conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the institutional history, structure and culture of the work experience provider, the work that the organisation does, and how this relates to wider field(s) of practice in world philosophies, politics and economics.
- Apply learning from placements to analysis of a specific issue and institutional and policy responses.
Method of assessment
- 70% Coursework
- 30% Presentation