Arabic 4 B (UG)
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
IMPORTANT! First Year students: before applying, please check the Arabic Module Choices guide to determine your appropriate entry level for Arabic.
This is a lower advanced language acquisition course that will reinforce competence in grammar and synatx, widen active vocabulary, and simultaneously develop listening and speaking skills.Letter writing skills will be introducted. Oral competence is developed in conversation classes and by using audio-video material.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- Knowledge and understanding of lower advanced Arabic grammar and syntax
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Arabic vocabulary.
- Knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Arabic structures and expressions in a given context
- The ability to understand and to produce passages written in Arabic of medium length on everyday and some specialized topics
- The ability to understand spoken Arabic and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday and some specialized topics
- The ability to translate from and to Arabic of medium length with use of appropriate language on everyday and some specialized topics
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 5 hours classroom contact per week
Method of assessment
- 1 x in class written and spoken test (30%)
- 1 x 20min oral exam (30%)
- 1 x 2hr unseen exam (40%) in May/June