Directed Practical Study in the Anthropology of Food
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 1 or Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Students taking this course identify an institution, organization or enterprise in which to work as an intern. The course is designed to afford students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an area closely related to their field of study and to situate such work experience squarely within the context of their field of study, providing the opportunity for guided reflection on the relationship between theory and practice.
- This module is open only to students enroled on the MA Anthropology of Food and the MRes Social Anthropology.
- This is an internship placement that requires advance arrangements. Prospective students are advised to contact the convenor well before the term begins.
- Students enrol via the online Module Sign-Up system.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
Students on the course will:
- Gain valuable practical experience in a field of work related to their degree programme
- Synthesize theoretical and practical forms of knowledge through: a) Applying theoretical ideas learned on their course of study to practical applications; and b) Grounding theoretical principals in a practical context
- Identify potential career paths beyond their programme of study