797A Directed Practical Study in the Anthropology of Food
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Students taking this module identify an institution, organization or enterprise in which to work as an intern. The module is designed to afford students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an area closely related to their field of study and to situate such work experience squarely within the context of their field of study, providing the opportunity for guided reflection on the relationship between theory and practice.
- This module is open only to students on the MA Anthropology of Food and the MA Anthropology of Food + Intensive Language. It is a guided option.
- This is an internship placement that requires advance arrangements. Prospective students are advised to contact the convenor well before the term begins.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
Students on this module will:
- Gain valuable practical experience in a field of work related to their degree programme
- Synthesize theoretical and practical forms of knowledge through: a) Applying theoretical ideas learned on their course of study to practical applications; and b) Grounding theoretical principals in a practical context
- Identify potential career paths beyond their programme of study