Tibetan (Classical) 1 A
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Term 1
This is a basic introductory language acquisition module for absolute beginners in the written language; students are not assumed to have any previous knowledge of the language or its script. The module covers several basic constructions of the language, enabling students to acquire basic skills in reading, writing and comprehension. Successful students will gain the ability to read and write short simple texts on simple everyday topics.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of basic grammar
- Gain knowledge and understanding of essential vocabulary
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic structures and expressions in a given context
- Demonstrate the ability to understand sentences and short passages in written language on certain everyday topics
- Demonstrate the ability to produce sentences in written language on certain everyday topics
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Method of assessment
A mid term test (week 4, term 1) of 40 minutes duration (30%); an end of term test (final week of term 1) of 60 minutes duration (70%).
Core texts are all held in library, students will be informed of any necessary text books in introductory materials