Period of Postgraduate Study in China
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2021/2022
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the course, a student should be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to carry out postgraduate-level research and writing in a bilingual (Chinese/English) context across a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to read and analyse Chinese-language texts and documents across a range of different media.
- Design a research project dealing with a specific aspect of Chinese Studies and drawing on both Chinese-language and English-language sources.
- Demonstrate overall advanced proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
Scope and syllabus
Students in the second year of the MA Advanced Chinese studies will spend the first half of the academic year studying at the China Institute of Zhejiang University in China. They will follow a bilingual (Chinese/English) programme including both content courses and language courses. They will also carry out a research project.
Method of assessment
- Zhejiang University examinations (Various, Pass/Fail, 80%)
- Research Project (5,000 words, Pass/Fail, 20%)