Advanced Korean Readings (PG)
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2020/2021
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of advanced Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages in written Korean of all length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages in written Korean of all length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Indonesian and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 20 weeks teaching with 2 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Scope and syllabus
This module gives students the ability to read a variety of text-types from newspapers, magazines, and academic articles. Literary texts may also be integrated into course material. By the end of the module, students will develop confidence in handling and comprehending Korean modern prose.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (60%); a 500 word essay in Korean (5%); a 500 word essay in Korean (5%); an 1000 word essay in English using Korean sources (10%); a language portfolio (20%).
Other reading and discussion materials will be distributed as handouts.