- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Taught in:
- Term 1
For international companies to achieve significant competitiveness in the marketplace, it is important that managers understand consumer behaviour. This module, therefore, discusses the internal processes that occur within consumers´ minds as well as external processes that influence consumers’ experience, engagements and relationships with international companies/brands.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Describe the psychological models and processes that underpin consumer behaviour.
- Understand the key theories in analysing and explaining modes of purchasing and consumption.
- Discuss and critically evaluate consumer behaviour in different contexts.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of consumer behaviour to international marketing situations.
Method of assessment
Assessment for this module is in three elements:
- One tutorial presentation at 10%
- One essay of 2,500 words at 30%
- One unseen 2-hour written examination at 60%
All elements except the presentation may be resubmitted.