Fiscal Governance, Budgeting and Performance
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2019/20
This module provides an understanding of public financial management and of the institutions, tools and practices of fiscal governance, especially including topics related to budgeting and performance of public spending.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Understand the role of fiscal governance
- Explain how government manage financial resources
- Critically appraise fiscal policies and budgeting choices
- Critically appraise the financial and non-financial performance of public sector entities
Method of assessment
Assessment for this module is in three elements:
- One tutorial presentation at 20%
- One assignment (student portfolio) of 2,500 words at 40%
- One essay of 2,500 at 40%
All elements except the presentation may be resubmitted.