Marketing Venture Project
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2019/20
The Marketing Venture Project (MVP) provides the practical skills and knowledge essential in developing new venture with specific focus on marketing ventures. The module will enable students to identify opportunities to exploit, establish new ideas or extend existing products/services to a new market. The module will provide students with tools and techniques necessary for developing and planning new ventures.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Identify and develop potential business and marketing ideas through feasible business opportunities.
- Recognise the importance of planning and investment in the new venture.
- Develop an understanding of the appropriate theoretical frameworks/concepts that can be applied to assess the feasibility of the new venture.
- Understand key related issues such as protection of intellectual property, competition, risk, and emergent markets.
Method of assessment
Assessment for this module is in two elements:
- One tutorial presentation at 30%
- One essay of 2,500 at 70%