Intensive Elementary Korean
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- knowledge and understanding of basic Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand short passages written in Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to produce short passages written in Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and converse on everyday topics
This module will be taught over 20 weeks with 10 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Scope and syllabus
The nodule provides an introduction to Korean language with emphasis on practical written and spoken Korean. Communicative practice is established through learning language around dialogues dealing with a range of everyday situations, including travelling, buying and selling, etc.
The module provides students with a basic knowledge of Korean and practice of using Korean in a variety of everyday situations. It allows students to interact with Korean speakers in Korea and to use original Korean language sources within the level covered in the course.
The programmatic aim will be for the student to partly reach the Level A2 of CEFR.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (40%); two oral presentations of 15-20 minutes duration on given topics (10% averaged); a language learning portfolio to be submitted on day 1, week 10, term 2 (20%); an oral examination (10%); 4 listening examinations taken throughout the course (10%); continuous assessment (10%).