Intensive Korean Speaking and Writing (PG)
- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 2
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, the student should be able to demonstrate . .
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand/translate/summarize/extract information/draw inferences from Korean texts drawn from a range of sources
- the ability to use acquired strategies for working independently on Korean written texts
- communicate fluently and appropriately in Korean
- a broad knowledge and, using appropriate methodologies, a critical understanding of the cultures and societies of Korea.
Also as generic skills, the student should be able to:
- communicate information, ideas and arguments cogently and coherently in writing;
- gather, process and evaluate critically information from a variety of paper, audio-visual and electronic sources;
- be an effective and self-aware independent learner.
This module further develops and consolidates the language skills which the students have acquired in Intensive Korean 1 and 2.
Total of 20 weeks teaching with 2 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (30%); an essay of 1500 - 1800 words in Korean - submission date on Moodle - (10%); 2 oral presentations - 10 minutes each (10%); a 20 minute oral examination (30%); a language learning portfolio to be submitted on day 5, week 1, term 3 (20%).