Dissertation in International Journalisms
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2020/2021
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Final culminating piece of work of the degree. A choice of original critical thinking (a possible choice, but rare) or empirical research that brings together theory and method in a small-scale research project whose findings are analysed and critically explored
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
- critically engage with the secondary literature in International Journalism to produce an engaged reading of a specific theory and issue
- show ability to utilise theory to conceptualise a research question relevant international journalism.
- show ability to select appropriate methodology/methodologies to undertake a piece of original research
- show ability to analyse research findings and write a critical review of findings
Method of assessment
One 10,000 word dissertation (100%).