Dissertation in Turkish Studies
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
This dissertation enables students to work on a research topic in relation to their chosen major. They will learn how to approach the topic they have chosen from an academic angle, under the supervision of a member of staff. The dissertation is normally written over the summer period and submitted in September.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- demonstrate enhanced research skills in their chosen major
- contribute to the understanding of the region through their independent research in their field of study
- display enhanced organisatorial skills through the completion of an independent assignment under supervision
- display enhanced analytical skills
- show enhanced writing skills
A total of 3 hours project supervision throughout the year along with one hour practical classes and 5 lectures during the year totalling 8 hours.
Scope and syllabus
The students will attend five preparatory seminars over the course of the academic year, in which they will be familiarised with research methods and with what is expected of a postgraduate dissertation in Area Studies.
Method of assessment
A 10,000-word Dissertation to be submitted in September (100%).