Arabic 4 B (PG)
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
This is a lower advanced language acquisition course that will reinforce competence in grammar and synatx, widen active vocabulary, and simultaneously develop listening and speaking skills.
Arabic 3A (PG) and Arabic 3B (PG).
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of lower advanced Arabic grammar and syntax.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Arabic vocabulary.
- Knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Arabic structures and expressions in a given context.
- The ability to understand and to produce passages written in Arabic of medium length on everyday and some specialized topics.
- The ability to understand spoken Arabic and to engage in short spoken discourse on everyday and some specialized topics.
- The ability to translate from and to Arabic of medium length with use of appropriate language on everyday and some specialized topics.
This module will be taught over 10 weeks with 5 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
- One two-hour in class written and spoken test (50%)
- One three-hour written examination (50%)
- The exact assessment deadline dates are published on the relevant module Moodle/BLE page