Intensive Indonesian Summer Abroad
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
This module will be offered as a core component of the programme (MA XXX and Intensive Language).The intensive classroom environment and immersion experience of living and studying in Indonesia is designed to facilitate the student’s ability to build fluency within the appropriate daily social and cultural contexts.
15PSEC032: Indonesian Langauge 1 (PG)
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- knowledge and understanding of intermediate/advanced Indonesian grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Indonesian vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Indonesian structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages written in Indonesian of medium length on every day and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages written in Indonesian on every day and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Indonesian and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on every day and some specialised topics.
This module will be taught at an Indonesian language school. You will receive 20 hours per week to a total of 120 hours during your time abroad.
Scope and syllabus
- Intermediate/higher intermediate grammar.
- Vocabulary development
- Focus on language structure in a range of formal and informal contexts
- Development of reading skills
- Development of written skills
- Focus on spoken languagem formal and informal, in a ranged of contexts.
Method of assessment
The module will be taught over the summer at a language school in Indonesia. Oral Exam and Essay at the end of the module will be assessed at SOAS.