- Module not running
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- School of Finance and Management
For international companies to achieve significant competitiveness in the marketplace, it is important that managers understand consumer behaviour. This module, therefore, discusses the internal processes that occur within consumers´ minds as well as external processes that influence consumers’ experience, engagements and relationships with international companies/brands.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Describe the psychological models and processes that underpin consumer behaviour.
- Understand the key theories in analysing and explaining modes of purchasing and consumption.
- Discuss and critically evaluate consumer behaviour in different contexts.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of consumer behaviour to international marketing situations.
Important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules