Dissertation in Iranian Studies
- Start date
- End date
- Year of study
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
The dissertation is a core component of all Masters programmes at SOAS. The supervised dissertation research requires the ability to work independently on an original piece of research, to demonstrate familiarity with the relevant literature and present the resulting dissertation in a clear and organised format.
The research and writing of the Masters dissertation is a crucial component of Research-based Masters training.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, students should have:
- The ability to apply their subject knowledge and methodology to a specific research problem in their area of specialism;
- The skills required to pursue independent research in an academic context;
- The ability to present their work to different audiences in a clear professional form.
3 hours of supervision during the year.
Method of assessment
- Dissertation of 10,000 words due September following the final year of study (worth 100%)
- The exact assessment deadline dates are published on the relevant module Moodle/BLE page