Gender and Development
- Start date
- End date
- Term 1
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- Department of Development Studies
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
By the end of this module students should be able to command and demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- familiarity with key analytic debates in the field of gender and development
- an ability to relate these debates to development theory, policy and practice
- an ability to comprehend and manipulate complex analytical arguments
- an ability to evaluate the impact of development interventions (policies, projects and institutional reform) on issues of gender equity and empowerment.
Teaching takes place through a weekly 1 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial.
Method of assessment
100% Coursework. Each student will be expected to submit a take home test worth 30% and one essay worth 70% of the overall grade. Resubmission of coursework regulations apply to this module.