Korean 2 (PG)
- Start date
- End date
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate . . .
- knowledge and understanding of lower intermediate Korean grammar
- knowledge and understanding of essential Korean vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Korean structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand lower intermediate level of passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to produce lower intermediate level of passages in written Korean on everyday topics
- the ability to understand spoken Korean and to engage in lower intermediate level of spoken discourse on everyday topics
- the ability to learn Korean autonomously through independent language-based activities (specific learning outcome for PG students)
Total taught hours: 60 hours. 2 hours of lectures per week and 1 hour tutorial for 20 weeks.
Independent study: 240 hours
Total hours for module: 300 hours
Scope and syllabus
Communicative practice is established through learning language around dialogues dealing with a range of everyday situations.
The module provides students with a lower Intermediate knowledge of Korean and practice of using Korean in a variety of everyday situations. It allows students to interact with Korean speakers in Korea and to use original Korean language sources within the level covered in the module.
Method of assessment
A three-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%); continuous assessment (20%); oral examination (10%).
The module will be based on Continuing Korean. King & Yeon. Tuttle Publishing Co.
Additional materials which will be made available throughout the module.