Nepali Language 2
- Module not running
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- South Asia Section
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and understanding of intermediate Nepali grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Nepali vocabulary
- knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Nepali structures and expressions in a given context
- the ability to understand passages in written Nepali of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to produce passages in written Nepali of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
- the ability to understand spoken Nepali and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written exam (60%) and an oral exam (20%) taken in May/June. Two written tests in week 2 of Term 2 and the week after Reading Week in Term 2, counting for 10% each. These tests will be on vocabulary acquisition, comprehension or specific language structures and will be agreed in class beforehand. 20% of total mark (10% each).